Several South Florida-based groups are seeking donations to purchase food and building supplies to help victims of Hurricane Ike, Hurricane Gustav, Tropical Storm Hanna and Tropical Storm Fay in Haiti, which has killed more than 200 people during the past few weeks.
• Catholic Charities of Miami wants to provide monetary assistance. Checks may be made payable to Catholic Charities of Miami with a notation in the memo line designating the donation for either Tropical Storm Fay or Hurricane Gustav or both and mailed to: Catholic Charities, Storm Aid, 9401 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami Shores, FL 33138. Donations can be made online via a secure internet site by accessing http://www.ccadm.org clicking on Donate Now, followed by designating the amount to be contributed and the donation option.
• Cross International, a Christian aid organization, is seeking to bring food. To provide donations call 1-800-391-8545 or visit www.crossinternational.org and click on the emergency hurricane support link.
• Food for the Poor, an international and development organization based in Coconut Creek, is asking for donations to purchase additional building materials for repairs to homes. Log onto www.FoodForThePoor.org/Gustav or call 1-800-487-1158.
• Lambi Fund of Haiti is accepting donations after many of the people it assists lost their crops and animals. To support the sustainable development efforts of Lambi Fund of Haiti, visit LambiFund.org to make an online donation or mail a check to Lambi Fund of Haiti, PO Box 18955, Washington, DC 20036.
• The Pan American Development Foundation has set up a website called Pan American Relief to collect donations. www.PanAmericanRelief.org
Also our Quest Soccer blog readers can go to the American Red Cross
as well as the Feed the Children Foundation